Thursday, July 2, 2009

Prom season is coming up!! And we all know for many young ladies, it’s all about the dress. But, have you seen some of these dresses lately? I was at a bridal shop in Philadelphia a couple weeks ago and saw some of the most revealing gowns. I was so surprised! Am I the only one who is alarmed by this new phenomenon? Send me your thoughts!
Video of a teen arrested for a dispute about her prom dress
An article that speculates why some teens choose revealing dresses
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

4 Responses to “Prom Dresses - Too Revealing?”
Siobhan25 Says: April 9th, 2009 at 8:00 pm
No, you’re not the only one who is alarmed. I’ve been working with teens for the past three years and I can tell you that I have seen some very, very revealing dresses for prom. Some of these girls will spend money I’m sure their parents can barely afford to give for a few strips of fabric and some glitter. When I was in school, it was all about looking like a princess, with a nice beautiful gown, long gloves and a sophisticated updo. Not anymore. It’s considered “trendy” now for girls to have high slits, low necklines and exposed midriffs.
I just went shopping with my little cousin the other day and was shocked at what was considered a “prom” gown. We ended up having to look in the bridal section of the store just to find something that covered her up. Even she thought the dresses were too risque.

No comments:

Post a Comment